Ringer's Pet Dog Training
Dog Training at the Natrona Heights location.
Dog Training at the Natrona Heights location.
- Puppy Etiquette class and a Basic Manners class:
- Saturday, Sept. 12th at 10 am
- or Monday, Sept. 14th at 6:30 pm
- or Wednesday, Sept. 30th at 6:30 pm
- or Tuesday, Oct. 6th at 6:30 pm
click on the logo to for class.
CGC and Therapy Dog - tbd
Connection, Cooperation, Control - tbd
AKC Tricks - tbd
Ringer's provides dog training for all your needs. If in doubt which option is best for you, please don't hesitate to call us for a recommendation.
Please note that all of our classes are positive reinforcement based. This means we will not use any type of force against your dog. Instead, we use treats or toys to motivate the dogs to give us the behavior we are seeking. We aim to make our classes as fun as possible - for you and your pet!
Puppy Etiquette Class puppies under 5 months old 7 week course $125
Studies show that early socialization & training are very beneficial to young puppies!
- This class runs one night per week for seven consecutive weeks - no dogs the first week please, that night is designated for and introduction.
- Puppy Etiquette is ideal for puppies 5 months of age and younger, as they interact with other puppies and people. Many classes allow for instructional play between the pups.
- Instructional commands are introduced and the puppies' vocabulary is expanded. A large emphasis is placed on coming when called, even with distractions present.
- Exercises are taught without "jerking" or "smashing" the puppy into positions.
- All class sections are open to modification to address any behavior problems the puppies in class are experiencing.
- Weekly homework assignments are expected to be completed by all family members - remember: a little time and effort as a puppy will allow you to enjoy many happy years with an adult dog.
- You will need the following for class: Small treats, regular collar or harness (no prong collars, shock collars, or pinch collars permitted), shot records or medical approval.
Basic Adult Dog Class for dogs over 5 months 7 week course $125
Don't Blame 'em, Train 'em!
This class runs one night per week for seven consecutive weeks - no dogs the first week please, that night is designated for registration and introduction.
- Basic Adult class is ideal for dogs between 5 months and 15 years of age - yes, old dogs can learn new tricks!
- This class is designed to address the "family pet".
- The dogs interact with other dogs and people.
- Basic exercises are taught for 'sit', 'down', 'heel', 'leave it', 'drop it', and coming when called. Many other safety exercises are taught as well.
- Exercises are taught without "jerking" or "smashing" the dog into positions.
- Weekly homework assignments are expected to be completed by all family members.
- You will need the following for class: Small treats, regular collar (no prong collars, shock collars, or pinch collars permitted), shot records or medical approval
Canine Good Citizen / Therapy Dog Class 6 week course $100
- Please note that this is a preparatory class for a dog to take their CGC/TDI tests. This class is NOT required to take the test. If you'd like to know our next test date, please contact us directly.
- This class is a great option for dogs who have already completed a Basic Adult class and would like to continue their education.
- Classes are typically run similar to the actual CGC/TDI tests.
- Classes review Basic exercises, and fine tune the dogs' manners in preparation for their test.
- Here, dogs will interact with other dogs and people.
- Passing the TDI test allows the dog to visit nursing homes to provide therapy to their residents. Hospitals also allow for Therapy Dogs, but please contact each institution directly for their requirements.
- Passing the CGC test may also result in a decrease in you homeowners' insurance policy premium.
- For more information on CGC/TDI: Canine Good Citizen or Therapy Dog International
Nose Work Classes 6 week course $125
- Canine Nose Work is a new sport regulated by the National Association of Canine Scent Work.
- Bruce was the FIRST Certified Nose Work Instructor in Western PA.
- Dogs use their nose to find essential oil scents of birch, anise and clove.
- The dogs first in search boxes, then in a room, and even on vehicles!
- Because the dogs' natural ability to hunt, they really enjoy pursuing the scents.
- Unlike other canine sports, ANY dog can compete! Purebred, Mixed breed, any age! This is also a nice alternative for dogs who are reactive, as one dog works at a time.
- For more information, see:http://www.nacsw.net
Treibball 6 weeks $100
Treibball (pronounced Tribe-ball) originated in Germany a little over 10 years ago, and means “push ball”. Treibball is a low-cost, low-impact sport, any dog and handler can play. If your dog has a nose or a shoulder, he can play Treibball! The game is simple to play and train, and only requires a few fitness balls, some and a love of working with your dog. Your dog learns to target the balls, and then goes out into a playing field and pushes balls to you, with direction and control. The game is timed, with only one dog and handler team on the field, so mildly reactive dogs can participate too.
Tricks Class - Novice Level 5 week course $100
Dogs and handlers will learn at least 4 tricks a week.
- Class will prepare team to test for the AKC Novice Trick Title.
- AKC Novice Trick Title requires 10 tricks, only 5 tricks are required if the dog has a CGC title already. Additional titles can be earned as the class progresses.
Shaping Class 5 week course $100
- Handler will learn to get a behavior by rewarding small increments to achieve the behavior.
- Shaping will use the dog's natural ability to learn.
- The handler will learn how dogs learn so many complex behaviors can be taught.
- For information how shaping developed in animal training, see The Shape of Shaping.
Shaping for Duration 4 week course $100
- Dogs will learn to hold a position for extended period of time. Can be used as an indicator for Nose Work
Body Awareness 2 week class $50
Dogs will be introduced to fitness exercises that strengthen their bodies.
- Dogs will learn to use various body muscles to learn balance and coordination.
- Various equipment will be used such as the ladder, balance balls and wobble boards.
Private Sessions $150
Private sessions are ideal for behavior modification for a particular problem.
- Many times, we address dog-to-dog or dog-to-human relationship issues.
- Private sessions are available upon request and we can to your home. Please contact us for more information.